Crew Chief Vegetation Crew Applications are now being accepted for the position of Crew Chief on the Vegetation Crew at the Cloverdale Maintenance location of Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting pay range $23.74 - $27.29 per hour/DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
Primary Responsibilities: * Under general supervision of the Superintendent, the primary duties consist of supervising the Maintenance Operations team members engaged in roadside vegetation work and related projects, assuring compliance of all applicable safety standards, assisting in budget preparation, estimating cost of material, labor and equipment for maintenance activities, and training and instructing team members.
* The Crew Chief will supervise the tree trimming, Sheriffs Labor Detail crew, shoulder mowing program, and weed spraying activities.
* Winter operations are an essential function of this position and may require working outside of normal work hours.Qualifications:
* The successful candidate must have previous supervisory experience and the ability to operate all equipment associated with the performance of assigned tasks.
Experience with customer service is a must.
* Must have considerable knowledge of inherent hazards and safety precautions necessary for maintenance and construction work and equipment.
* Experience with trimming and pruning trees as well as knowledge of tree species is desired.
* The incumbent must respond to 24-hour emergency call out as needed.
* Must have a current Idaho Class A CDL license.
If license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment.
Must obtain a tanker endorsement within 30 days of employment.
* Must be able to pass a background check and fingerprinting through the Ada County Sheriffs Office.
* Or any combination of education, training or experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, is acceptable.
A completed application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m. on May 2, 2018.
Applications are available at 3775 N. Adams; Garden City, ID 83714 or on our website at www.achdidaho.org An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations
About this company
Established in 1972 as an independent government entity, the Ada County Highway District (ACHD) is responsible for all short-range planning, construction, maintenance, operations, rehabilitation and improvements to Ada County's urban streets, rural roadways (excluding state highways) and bridges. Geographically, the Districts jurisdiction includes Boise, Eagle, Garden City, Kuna, Meridian, Star and the unincorporated areas of Ada County; it is the only consolidated countywide highway district in the State of Idaho
Location/Region: Garden City, ID (US - 83714)